half small lemon
1 T water
2 t zsweet/granulated sugar sub. (adjust amount if
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Peel, core, and slice/chop apple.
- Place apples in small baking dish.
- Cover with juice of 1/2 small lemon,
water, and few dashes of cinnamon. Toss.
1 t milk
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
- Grind grissini into a powder using food
processor or coffee
- Add milk in 1/4 t increments. Slowly stir until
forms a slightly moist crumbly topping..
- Sprinkle on top of apple filling.
- Cover dish and bake 20 mins.
- Remove cover and broil 1-2 mins to crisp
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: This is really filling and tastes so much
like apple pie
it almost feels like cheating! My entire family
This includes 1 t of your allowed 1 T milk for the
day. Also includes
your grissini and fruit portion for one meal.
You can also totally omit the topping if you don't
want to use a
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Core apple leaving about 1" in bottom. Do NOT
core all the
- Place apple in baking dish.
- Fill apple with 1/4 t cinnamon, 1/8 t ground
nutmeg, and 2 t water (water should almost reach
top of apple - adjust
- Pour 1/2 c water, 1/2 t cinnamon, 1/4 t ground
1/2 t nutmeg around apple in the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 mins - 1 hour.
- Serve immediately.
5-10 drops vanilla creme liquid stevia (to taste)
water (as needed)
- Peel orange and place orange sections in
- Add about a handful of ice.
- Add vanilla creme stevia.
- Blend to desired consistency. Add water as
TIP: Place this in the freezer for about 1 hr after
and have an on protocol version of orange sherbet!
Green Apple Slaw
1 green apple (mine was about 150g after coring)
juice from 1/2 small lemon (about 1 T)
granulated sugar substitute (to taste)
1/8 c cut fresh mint (optional)
- Core, slice, and cut apple into slivers.
- In bowl, add: apple, lemon juice, sugar
substitute. Toss to
- Toss in fresh mint before serving.
I saw this recipe in some diabetic magazine that
made its way to my mailbox this past month. I
adjusted it a bit and
voila! This is a nice refreshing way to eat your
apple. Very filling!
This is an old standby recipe I've enjoyed for many
When off protocol I'll add banana or fresh
pineapple, but it's just as
good without. The kids love this one, too!
Allotted amount of strawberries)
Juice of 1 lemon
sugar substitute (as needed)
water (if needed)
- Freeze fresh strawberries about 1 hour.
- Blend fresh frozen strawberries, lemon juice
substitute in blender until very well blended.
- You can serve immediately or place in freezer to
to firm up even further.
TIP: If you don't want to wait, you can always use
strawberries without freezing them and simply add
ice & any water
Broiled Cinnamon Grapefruit
cinnamon to taste (optional)
zsweet (as needed)
- Take a knife around the inside peel of the
that it cuts out the grapefruit from the peel. (I
usually have to use
my fingers after this to pull the grapefruit out.)
- Separate the sections and place in a bowl. (It's
the grapefruit is really juicy. If it's not,
sprinkle with a bit of
water to moisten.)
- Sprinkle with zsweet and cinnamon.
- Toss, then place back into grapefruit peel.
- Broil for about 3-5 mins until carmelized.
3 T water
- Peel, core, and dice apple.
- Place diced apple in mini-crockpot and add
- Add cinnamon.
- Cook at least two hours.
- When finished, mash with spoon or fork, or place
to reach desired consistency.
- Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.
NOTE: I've made applesauce this way for years and
it is so
natural and delicious! It makes for a great treat
while on protocol.